Saturday 1 June 2013

Tip of The Week #2




Olive Oil Facts


That olive oil that you love to use because you know it is one of those good for you oils, may not be what you think it is.

Here is a link to an interesting 4 min story that aired on Canada am recently:


A recent study has shown that that Extra Virgin Olive oil may not be what it claims to be. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is time consuming to make, expensive and requires expertise.


In order to bring down the costs many manufactures cut it with Canola oil. 60% of suppliers tested failed when their oils were tested. For instance Bertolli 365 100% Italian Pompeian 84% failed sensory standards and 33% failed chemical standards.

According to Tom Mueller, author of Extra Virginity—the 2011 book detailing an olive oil controversy—people are buying oils that are sometimes just a notch above lamp oil. Gross. “This stuff isn’t wine-geek snobbery,” he says. “How oil tastes and smells is directly correlated to its chemical composition, nutritional, and therapeutic value.” Here’s your guide to buying and enjoying the best olive oil in order to reap its full benefits.




How do you know? Watch the video for details – It is a short video I promise, but worth it. I tried this at home with 2 olive oils I have at home.

I was shocked – I had purchased ACROPOLIS organics in the Health Section of the grocery store.

I had purchased a bottle that Sarafino imports called OLEARA SAN GIORDIO – Aspro Olive.

I thought they were both superior products until I did the taste test. Poured a little in a shot glass, held one hand on top for a minute, warmed the bottom with the other hand, then tasted. The ACROPOLIS tasted like what I imagine an engine oil would taste like.



The OLEARA SAN GIORDIO brand, was light, and left no oily feeling in my mouth.

In Sault Ste Marie, you can purchase OLEARA SAN GIORDIO in The Country Way on Brock St. Once you do, you will never want the other kinds.


I really am shocked at the difference and my salad dressings taste better than ever!

Like A Hawke, Susan

Friends, Please Stay Connected with Me:

Join my Recipe Club and
705.971.0918


Please check out my current listings and together we'll discover your real estate needs. If you know anyone buying or selling I'd love to help them!

You can follow me on Twitter: @susanhawkesells Instagram: @susanhawke Pinterest: @SusanHawke Facebook Page: Susan Hawke Remax Sales Representative Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada


No comments:

Post a Comment